Women's
Bible Study

Heights Women's Ministry seeks to equip and encourage women to "feed" themselves spiritually and to use their gifts to grow in their relationship with Jesus in a safe, nurturing community.

 Each person is uniquely created by God. You walk the journey with Him at your own speed. Knowing that each relationship grows at it's own pace we try to offer Bible study classes that provide ways to step into relationship with God; then continue to step up to learn more about and grow in relationship with Him. Heights Women's Ministry would be honored to be able to walk along side you on your journey and welcome you into the Heights community. 


Four classes are offered this Fall, with classes listed below in ascending order of difficulty and/or commitment to the study.

Starting the Journey: The Beginning

Have you ever found a Bible passage that feels like a puzzle that's missing pieces? The Beginning is a study designed to fill in the missing pieces and help you see the complete picture of the Bible and how it impacts your life. We'll learn together through discussion, interaction and sharing, covering topics like patterning our lives after Jesus and knowing God in a personal way. Any and all ideas and questions are welcome. 

  • Meets every other Thursday from 9-11a
  • Meeting Dates: August 31, September 14 & 28, October 12 & 26, November 9 
  • Homework: 15-30 minutes a day reading through the book of Mark in the Bible and answering some thought provoking questions
  • Registration required
  • Childcare (birth to age 5) available for this study; your child must be registered to attend
Learning More: Ephesians

Living well in a dark world is difficult for anyone, but especially for those who aren't aware of their identity and purpose in Jesus. Walk through the book of Ephesians (which can be considered the Bible's "Spiritual warfare manual") and expand your understanding of protecting your relationship with Jesus, and taking a stand against the things that try to weaken it.

  • Two meetings to choose from:
    1. CLASS IS FULL for Monday evenings from 6-8p
    2. Every other Thursday from 9-11a (August 31 - November 9)
  • Homework: we recommend 15-30 minutes a day using the provided workbook (Ephesians, written by Sue Edwards as part of the Discover Together Bible Study Series), but depth of study is your choice as you fit it into your daily life
  • We'll be learning in an open-forum style, involving small group discussion
  • Registration required
  • Childcare (birth to age 5) available for the Thursday morning study only; your child must be registered to attend
Continuing Growth: Surviving Epic Trials

"What if you discovered that the actual flood was a mere 10% of Noah's story? What if the other 90% of the story is even more shocking and held clues about how to survive life's most epic trials?" Join Robyn Coffman in exploring 10 lessons from Noah's life, and apply his hard-won understanding to navigate the trials in your life.

  • Two meetings to choose from:
    1. Every other Monday from 6-8p (August 28 - November 6)
    2. Every other Thursday from 9-11a (August 31 - November 9)
  • Homework: we recommend 30-45 minutes a day using the provided workbook, but depth of study is your choice as you fit it into your daily life
  • We'll be learning in an open-forum style, involving small group discussion
  • Registration required
  • Childcare (birth to age 5) available for the Thursday morning study only; your child must be registered to attend
In-Depth Study: Romans

Join Bible Study Fellowship (BSF) in this satellite class for the quad-city area! BSF is an in-depth, interdenominational class which covers one book from the Bible per school year. For 2017-2018, BSF will be studying Romans.

  • Meets every Wednesday from 9-11a
  • Begins September 13 (and meets weekly until May with holiday breaks)
  • Homework: this in-depth study requires a significant commitment of time in preparation for group participation (please consider the next few seasons and your ability to dedicate time each day to this study)
  • Registration required & class size is limited - contact Susan Junghans by email or call 714.308.7119

 

 






Text Box: Monday Evening  6:00p – 8:00p  CLASS OPTIONS: A)	 Children of the Day (first 3 sessions) & Lord Teach Me to Pray (last 5 sessions) B)	 The Seven Experiment  MEETING DATES: •	January 16 & 30 •	February 13 & 27 •	March 13 & 27 •	April 10 & 24
Text Box: Thursday Morning  9:00a – 11:00a  CLASS OPTIONS: A)	 Children of the Day (first 3 sessions) & Lord Teach Me to Pray (last 5 sessions)  B)	 The Seven Experiment   C)	A Deeper Look at James MEETING DATES: •	January 19  •	February 2 & 16  •	March 2, 16 & 30  •	April 13 & 27