Jesus invites you to follow Him, be friends with Him, be transformed by Him, be forgiven by Him, and be loved by Him. Here are some important things to know as you start following Jesus:
GOD LOVES YOU AND HAS A PLAN FOR YOUR LIFE.
The Bible tells the true story of the whole world. He’s invited you to be a part of this story that He’s been authoring for all time:
- God created everything in the universe perfectly, including mankind.
- God gave us the freedom to follow Him or not.
- The first people chose not to follow Him.
- Their sinful choice brought separation, devastation and death into the world.
- God began His rescue mission out of His love for us.
- He chose Israel as His people to show the world what He was like.
- Like us, they often failed to give people a good picture of what He was like.
- God sent His only Son, Jesus, to become like one of us.
- Jesus humbled Himself and became obedient to bring us back to His Father.
- Jesus lived a sinless life.
- Jesus died a sacrificial death.
- Jesus rose from the dead proving He’d conquered sin and death.
- God sent His Spirit to breathe life into us dead, sinful people.
- God forgives us. Cleanses us. Restores us.
- God shows the world what He’s like through us. His church.
- God promises that someday He will return and set everything right for good.
YOUR SIN IS GETTING IN THE WAY OF YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD, YOURSELF, AND OTHERS.
We’ve all inherited the tendency to go our own way. We’ve all inherited a desire to disobey God. We’ve all inherited this disease called sin.
- That sin is bringing death. It’s killing us literally, relationally, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Being spiritually dead people, there was nothing we could do for ourselves. We were dead.
- So He sent Jesus to breathe life back into us.
- Through Jesus death and resurrection, He opened a new opportunity for life for us.
He offers us a trade. Your sin for His righteousness.
He died so we could live. Really live.
Anyone who believes on Him shall live.
Are you ready to receive that forgiveness and new life?
Then let Him know you believe.
He’s ready, willing and able to sit in the driver’s seat of your life.
That’s a big moment when you hand the keys of your life over to Him.
It’s not always easy. But it’s always better.
CONTINUE TAKING THE NEXT STEPS IN FOLLOWING JESUS DAILY.
Keep taking next steps getting to know Jesus more and more through His Word.
Keep taking next steps coming to love Jesus and other more and more in authentic community with other believers.
Keep taking next steps putting your faith into action through serving out of your gifts and talents wherever you are.
DON’T FORGET FOLLOWING JESUS IS ALL ABOUT HIM.
Keep the good news of who God is and what He’s done for you at the forefront of your mind. Each day.
- Your salvation was made possible by Him not by you.
- The life you live now will be pulled off by His power not yours.
- The purpose of your life is to bring Him glory not yourself glory.
- So rest in His grace, His power, His Word and He’ll sustain you as you follow Him!
YOU’RE NOT ALONE IN THIS NEW JOURNEY.
God knows how difficult it is to live life alone, much less to live life following Jesus alone! Thankfully, He gave us others to help. He gave us His church!
- You need others to encourage you.
- You need others to mentor you.
- You need others to challenge you.
- But just as important – the church needs YOU!