SAFETY & SECURITY POLICIES
- Be assured that the safety of your child is a priority at the Heights. Some of the security measures we use include:
- A secure check-in and check-out system with picture ID of the guardians.
- Caregivers/volunteers/teachers are background checked.
- Caregivers/volunteers/teachers work in pairs or in small groups.
- Any parent or guardian is welcome to sit in with their child at any time.
- If your child has a difficult time with separation and cries for more than a few minutes, you will receive a text alert, or your assigned "Parent Pager" will alert you to come to the room. We don't let children cry to the point of distress.
- Cleanliness of rooms, toys, floor, etc.
- We make sure that children with known food allergies do not receive food that could harm them.
For the protection of all children we cannot accept a child with a runny nose, cold (four days or less), fever, rash, persistent cough, diarrhea, or any other sign of illness. We request that you not place your child in the program while they are at risk of exposing other children to communicable diseases. Thank you for your help in maintaining a healthy environment for all of our children and their families.
Please do not bring your own snacks. Please inform us if your child has allergies or a special diet. We provide gluten and dairy free snacks upon request.